About Me

My photo
I'm Livvy, 22. I love make-up, music, film, comedy and generally loving life :) Follow my Twitter @LivCR Tweet saying you're a blogger I'll follow back :)

Thursday 5 January 2012

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates.

This year I've not made a list of New Years Resolutions. Not because I have nothing to resolve, far from it. Last year had some great ups and some rather gargantuan downs, so I'm starting off this year a bit all over the shop. I haven't got a routine of any sorts, or a purpose really. This has lead to a lot of down time, in both senses of the word. However it has really got me thinking about what I want to get out of life. I worry so much about what I'm not doing that it takes up all my time, and I end up doing nothing at all anyway. On one of my deep and meaningless day-dreams which seem to fill my days, I thought about Forest Gump's famous quote;
          "Life is like a box of chocolates."

My first thought was, I can relate to that. It's not as stupid as it sounds. As one of my many permenant over-hanging resolutions I try not to eat too much crap (permenant because 'try' is the key word there). It got me thinking, life is like a box of chocolates. If you just rush through it and don't live in the moment it's gone, booom. Bye bye. But if you savour each peice, each moment, you can be genuinely happy.

Another little thought is that as humans, or maybe just Brits ;) we dwell on the bad bits. I opened a tin of Celebrations at Christmas and immediately thought 'Grim, there are a LOT of Bountys in here'. Instead of focusing on that, and trying to power through the bad moments to get to the good ones, I should have thought 'Ahh lush there's a good few Maltesers in here'. (I could have just bought a bag of Maltesers, but I find it's those little moments of surprise at finding what we love that make us smile/salivate :)). I'd have been better off offering the Bountys to somebody else, after all one girl's punch in the gag reflex is another's treasure (or something to that effect ;)).

What I need to learn this year is not to linger in unpleasant moments and to strive towards better things. I need to dig around my metaphorical tub of chocolates to find what makes me happy. Hopefully by next Christmas that might be something bigger than a Malteser. :)

Livvy xo

3 comments:

  1. Great post girl.probably not only brit people dwell on bad bits xD
    Have a nice day (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post :) such a nice blog. Please check out mine!

    Laura x
    http://petitchatons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post!!
    laur x

    www.betwixtlaur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete